PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator
FULL OR PART-TIME: Part-time (20 hours)
REGULAR OR TEMPORARY: Regular
SUPERVISOR: Imam (Imam) and Board of Directors (BOD)
The Program Coordinator will be the primary program lead for recruitment, cultivation, retention and programming with the support of a volunteer base. Programming may include educational classes, special activities and events designed to attract the Muslim community of Mississauga and surrounding areas to the Dar Al-Tawheed Islamic Centre (DAT). The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing the community with a comprehensive and balanced program offering focusing on youth empowerment and leadership, religious education, recreation, civic engagement and relationship building. The Program Coordinator will help create the DAT program’s strategic plan and goals that take into account resources and time allocated for the position.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES .
- Plan, organize and implement a wide array of activities, events and programs including: youth outings, summer programs, Ramadan programs, tutoring programs, job training programs, life skills classes, halaqat (study circles), leadership training, etc.
- Plan of activities should include components of the following: recreational, educational, spiritual, leadership and community service/activism.
- Recruit, cultivate and retain local youth for program participation and leadership
- Create calendar of regular activities for the DAT community
- Work with Building Manager, Imam and other stakeholders to execute event logistics
- Recruit, develop and maintain a network of volunteers to support programs
- Outreach to regular and non-regular youth attendees of DAT
- Develop a one year operational and strategic plan which contains the following:
- Measurable outcomes for recruiting and retaining youth
- Measurable outcomes for engaging women
- Measurable outcomes for developing faith, knowledge, self-esteem and life-skills in the community
- Process on how to integrate youth into the larger DAT community
- Process on how youth can be active in the community through service and membership
- Outline of gender specific activities and programming as appropriate and applicable
- Create and maintain a database which tracks all program participant attendance
- Submit monthly reports to Imam and BOD
- Hold regular office hours at DAT
- Represent DAT at meetings, coalitions and events with the internal and external community
- Meet with the Imam weekly to discuss progress and receive feedback and suggestions
- Participate in trainings and conferences to further professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned by Imam and BOD
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed or in progress Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in humanities, human services, social sciences or Islamic scholarship
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Islamic educational work or adolescent program development and implementation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MS Office, Google Docs and Excel
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Energetic & likeable demeanor with ability to lead, attract people and interact with different age groups and genders in a positive manner
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment Ability to network with internal and external communities
- Capability to receive and act upon constructive feedback and suggestions
- Experience planning and executing large-scale events, programs and activities
- Familiarity with issues faced by youth raised in North America
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Islam Positive character, morals and manners
Compensation based on qualification
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by January 5, 2018. Professional and personal references will be required if invited for an interview. No phone calls please. For more information on Dar Al-Tawheed Islamic Centre, please visit our website at www.daraltawheed.ca.
Dar Al–Tawheed Islamic Centre Presents:
WEALTH & GREED
One Day Conference
How does wealth and greed affect us as individuals, as a community, or as an Ummah? How can we de-toxic ourselves from the disease of greed? How can we manage our wealth in ways that are ethical and moral?
Friday, August 4th, 2017
7PM – 10PM
Dinner will be served
RSVP REQUIRED: https://www.
Shaykh Karim Abu Zaid (Colorado)
Imam Karim AbuZaid is the director of religious affairs at Al-Minhaal Academy in South Jersey and is spearheading the construction of Colorado Muslims Community Center (Dar Al–Tawheed). He was a student of Shaykh Abu Ishaq Al Heweny. He obtained his master in Assoul-Al-Deen, Fundamentals of Islam, Quranic and Hadeeth Sciences from the American Open University, Alexandria, VA.
Shaykh Ibrahim Hindy (Toronto)
Imam Ibrahim Hindy is the imam of Dar Al–Tawheed Islamic Centre. He has a degree in History of Religions from the University of Toronto with a concentration in Islamic studies and is currently completing a Masters in Usul al-Fiqh from Al-Madinah International University in Malaysia.